Детский клуб водного туризма "Азимут"
новости | о клубе | руководство | походы | соревнования | фотогалерея | наша команда | друзья | контакты |
forum.azimut-vt.ru
форум клуба "Азимут"

FAQFAQ   ПоискПоиск   ПользователиПользователи   ГруппыГруппы   РегистрацияРегистрация 
 ПрофильПрофиль   Войти и проверить личные сообщенияВойти и проверить личные сообщения   ВходВход 

Born in Rotherham

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов forum.azimut-vt.ru -> юмор
Предыдущая тема :: Следующая тема  
Автор Сообщение
officialsbaseball
новичок

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Янв 03, 2019 11:12 am    Заголовок сообщения: Born in Rotherham Ответить с цитатой

The Anaheim Ducks will try to avoid their longest losing streak in three years when they begin a four-game homestand against the San Jose Sharks on Sunday evening at Honda Center.The Ducks (5-5-1) have lost four straight to erase a promising 5-1-1 start. They haven’t dropped five in a row since a 0-4-1 stretch on Oct. 22-29 Youth Evgeni Malkin Jersey , 2015.Anaheim beat San Jose 5-2 in the season opener for both teams on Oct. 3. That served as a springboard for early success, but the Ducks have hit a wall in the past week, getting outscored 15-6 in the current losing streak.Article continues below ...“We have to figure it out in our room,” Anaheim defenseman Josh Manson told reporters after a 5-2 loss at the Dallas Stars on Thursday night. “Look in the mirror and pull ourselves out of it.”The Sharks, meanwhile, have gone 3-0-1 after a 2-3-1 start. They nearly ran their winning streak to four games on Friday night but couldn’t hold leads of 2-0 and 3-1 before losing in a shootout at the Carolina Hurricanes.“What a tale of two games,” Sharks coach Peter DeBoer told reporters afterward. “I walked out at the end of the first period. I thought we could have been up 4-0, and then we never won another race or battle or shift the rest of the night.”San Jose’s three-game road trip concludes in Anaheim.Even during the Ducks’ hot start, they had a major disparity between the amount of shots on goal they were taking and the number they were giving up. That gap has grown even wider as Anaheim currently allows the most shots on goal per game in the NHL at 38.2 while taking the fewest (24).“All of us Jake Guentzel Jersey Kids , collectively, can play better,” Manson said. “We really have to take a hard look at ourselves here.”A good sign from the loss to the Stars on Thursday night were the two goals scored by center Ryan Getzlaf, his first of the season.Getzlaf had two assists in the season-opening win over the Sharks but sustained a groin injury three nights later at the Arizona Coyotes and missed the next five games.Anaheim hasn’t won since Getzlaf rejoined the lineup on Oct. 20 at the Vegas Golden Knights.Anaheim also recently added left winger Nick Ritchie, who ended a holdout by signing a three-year contract on Oct. 18. He made his debut on Tuesday in a 3-1 loss at the Chicago Blackhawks but sustained an upper-body injury against Dallas and could be out of action against the Sharks.San Jose could be without center Tomas Hertl, who didn’t come out for the third period against the Hurricanes because of an undisclosed injury. Hertl has nine points in nine games.DeBoer told reporters after Friday’s loss that Hertl is day to day.“He’s been dealing with something here most of the year,” DeBoer said. “He’s been playing through it and he just reaggravated it.” DALLAS (AP) Liam Kirk was on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean, about 4,600 miles away from Dallas http://www.officialpenguinsproshop.com/authentic-adidas-justin-schultz-jersey , on Saturday when he became the first player born and trained in England to be selected in the NHL draft.Early in the seventh and final round of the draft, the Arizona Coyotes took the 18-year-old Kirk with the 189th overall pick .”To finally see my name on the board was just incredible,” Kirk said by phone from England. ”And to get a call from the GM was even better, just to know that’s the place I’m going. And that’s what I’m aiming to be, and to play my NHL career.”The 6-foot, 161-pound Kirk played this season for Sheffield Steelers in the Elite Ice Hockey League, the highest level of competition in the United Kingdom, and for a team where the average age is 28. He had nine goals and seven assists in 52 games for the Steelers in his second season with the team.Even though cricket and soccer are much more popular sports in England, Kirk already was dreaming about playing for Sheffield when he was only about 6 years old and going to Steelers games with his parents and older brother. He started to learn about the NHL within a couple of years.Tim Bernhardt Kris Letang Jersey , Arizona’s director of amateur scouting, said NHL Central Scouting identified Kirk. The Coyotes then sent one of their scouts in Europe to see him, and more followed.”He’s a thin kid, needs a lot of physical development, but they said he’s got a good idea of the game, and his natural skills were very good,” Bernhardt said.Born in Rotherham, Kirk this year became the first player born and trained in England to attend the NHL’s pre-draft scouting combine in Buffalo. Now he is the first to be drafted, and he wants to be the first to play in the NHL.”I just want to prove myself Mario Lemieux Jersey , and prove I can play,” said Kirk, who will soon move to North America to start playing here.The Coyotes were among the teams that met with Kirk at the combine, and he knew there was a chance that they would take him. But he didn’t know for sure while watching the draft with his family.His name finally got called Saturday night in England, six hours ahead of Dallas time, where it was early afternoon when he got picked.”He wants to be here. He’s coming over here to play now,” Bernhardt said. ”He’s played in the men’s league. It’s hard for him to find a spot to play because he’s too good for the juniors. … You’re not going to find that kind of skill in the seventh round, so let’s go for it and see where we can get it to.”—
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов forum.azimut-vt.ru -> юмор Часовой пояс: GMT + 4
Страница 1 из 1

Перейти: